Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. . .

Well, yesterday was interesting.  I woke up with a job and by 10:00 am, I was unemployed.  My boss kept assuring me it was an unfortunate "lay off", not a firing. . . Said that they just couldn't afford a graphic designer, that they need to focus less on the web site and more on the store.  I was genuinely shocked.  I know that the recession has hit everyone, especially retail businesses, but we were already running with a bare-bones staff.  I foolishly thought that I was indispensable. Oh well.  Once I got over the shock, and the feeling of rejection, a calm sort of relief set in.  Now I'm starting to realize that this is a good thing. I can finally focus on all of these little projects I've had to put on the back burner, Wanderlost, building my portfolio and trying to get freelance jobs, taking classes. . .Sure, money will be tight, but I'm so glad that I'm not a slave to the 9 to 5 anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment